Monday, 6 March 2017

AIMS conference March 4th, 2017, Penang Malaysia

This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend the AIMS conference in Penang, Malaysia. AIMS stands for 'The Association of International Malaysian Schools'. I gathered a lot of great ideas and witnessed a handful of great presenters express their unique and innovative approaches to education.

I want to go over the concept of AIMS. The association was put together 3 years ago and the entire idea behind it is to offer professional development at a very affordable rate for educators. Presenting educators gather from all over Malaysia and provide a 50-minute workshop on any expertise they feel comfortable with. Anyone who's school is participating is able to volunteer to run a workshop. It is unique and an innovative approach to PD as those who are presenting are doing it free of charge.

Throughout the day there are 3 workshops to attend but over 30 to choose from. It really is a great opportunity to learn what other educators are doing and to take on the task of presenting information as well.

Needless to say, I had a great time at this conference.

Regards,

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment