Monday, 13 March 2017

3D Learning

I recently made a post about student-centered learning and wish I would have been more aware about the benefits of 3D learning beforehand. I came across this new approach and the benefits that it has to offer and have been curious ever since. 3D learning is exactly as it sounds. Students wear a pair of 3D glasses and are able to see holograms of things such as the human body and the solar system.




3D learning draws students attention in and helps make difficult concepts easier to make sense of. It allows for a more inclusive environment and also for the teacher to use a differentiated approach that will keep students motivated to come to class daily. This leads to better knowledge retention for the students as they are enjoying and actively involved throughout the lesson.


As a science teacher, a bulk of the concepts are very difficult for students to make sense of. Pictures and videos can only do so much for understanding the components of the human body but I feel as though something like a virtual reality setting of the digestive system for example, could be a really exciting and dynamic lesson.


Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment