Monday, 13 March 2017

Student Blogs

I've recently launched my first classroom blog and it was much smoother than anticipated. My students created videos for a research project and I was unsure of where they were going to submit them so I decided to create a blog for the class.

It ended up being a great choice as students were about to watch everyone's videos and comment on the videos. I followed up the initial project with the students posing questions to each other to form extensions on the concepts they initially learnt. Students ended up taking this very serious and put a lot of thought and effort into the questions and responses. This ended up being a mini research project as I instructed students to include one source for each response.

A big benefit of the blogs is I'm able to teach the students about the importance of their digital footprint. I remind them to think about if they would be alright if everyone in the world knew that they were the person who posted.

The collaboration, research, and creativity that a classroom blogs offers is tough to beat.

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment