Monday, 13 March 2017

Collaboration towards goals

I've mentioned in previous posts about how I enjoy getting my students to collaborate often in my classroom. With the help of the internet, students can simultaneously co-create documents and learn how to delegate work.

I failed to mention that when students are collaborating, they should be working together to achieve a solution. It doesn't always have to be through technology either. Incorporating collaboration in groups to fulfill a scavenger hunt or organize facts for an upcoming debate has students improving important life skills.

They will be practicing important communication skills, learning how to delegate and negotiate tasks, and will have a chance at practicing different roles within a collaboration team. When my class is collaborating together to achieve a goal I will often have students take on roles such as researcher, secretary, leader, and mediator. While the research is finding facts the rest of the team is working towards the main outcome.

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment